1. Eligibility: The Card Sharks of the Carolinas Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) who are 13 years of age or older and My Card Shark Rewards ("MCSR") members at the time of entry. Employees and non-employee workers of Market Monster’s Ink LLC, and Card Sharks of the Carolinas and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and those respective prize providers and agencies that are involved in the development or execution of this Sweepstakes or any of its materials, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Card Sharks of the Carolinas LLC, a subsidiary company of Market Monster’s Ink LLC, 3314 16th Avenue South East Suite 203 Conover, N.C. 28613
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
4. Promotion Period: All Sweepstakes and Text 2 Wins ends at 12:00 AM ET, July 22, 2013 (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter the Myrtle Beach Getaway contest: There are 3 ways to enter:
a. Register online: During the Promotion Period, visit cardsharksofthecarolinas.com / newconsumer and register to create your account. Follow the onscreen directions to register and enter for the sweepstakes. You automatically will receive 1 entry into the Sweepstakes.
b. Visit any one of the Participating Card Shark businesses: During the Promotion Period, visit your local business, which displays the Card Sharks participating business window decal and inside you’ll find a rack card which displays the Myrtle Beach Getaway, scan the QR Code to visit our website and register to create your account. Follow the onscreen directions to register and enter for the sweepstakes. You automatically will receive 1 entry into the Sweepstakes.
c. Locate a copy of our magazine on newsstands: Scan the QR Code to visit our website and register to create your account. Follow the onscreen directions to register and enter for the sweepstakes. You automatically will receive 1 entry into the Sweepstakes.
d. Free Method of Entry: During the Promotion Period, mail a 3"x5" piece of paper with your name, home mailing address, email address, day/evening phone number in an envelope with proper postage to Card Sharks of the Carolinas 3314 16 Ave. S.E. Suite 203, Conover, N.C. 28613– Free Entry," . All entries must be postmarked by July 8, 2013 and received by July 15, 2013. Limit: 1 entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be hand printed, become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
For All Entries: Limit: 1 Sweepstakes entries during the Promotion Period regardless of method of entry. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address or Account. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, Accounts, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods will void that participant's entries and that participant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by that entrant.
6. Myrtle Beach Giveaway: The winning prize will consist of a free two night stay for two people at an area motel in the Myrtle Beach vicinity. The motel accommodations will be booked by Card Sharks of the Carolinas and their partner member or affiliate. Winner will receive a $100 gift certificate to be used for gas, food or any other services the winner chooses.
a. Card Sharks of the Carolinas will choose and provide a list of dates from which the winner will be allowed to choose a one weekend stay, consisting of a Friday and Saturday night.
b. Card Sharks of the Carolinas will choose the accommodations and provide payment for a two night stay.
c. Winner will be responsible for any additional cost or fees incurred with regards to the hotel/motel and for any damages to their property, beyond the scope of the cost of a two night stay.
d. Winner will be notified either by phone, email or text and must claim the prize within five days of notification or risk forfeiting the prize.
7. How to Enter the Text 2 Win Contests as Advertised in Our Printed Magazine:
a. Locate these ads in our magazine.
b. Visit any of these locations to retrieve a code. The participating business will supply you with a code word and a number to text in the code and you will be automatically entered into that specific contest. Visit each location separately to retrieve the specific code for each participating business. You automatically will receive 1 entry into each of the Sweepstakes in which you participate.
8. List of Participating Text 2 Win Businesses and Prizes to be given:
a. Beyond Appearance is giving free haircuts/color for one year. Limit one per month.
b. The Carolina Theater is giving free tickets for one year, limit two per week.
c. 1st Place Ford is giving away a 42” Flat Screen TV.
d. Gold Town USA is giving away a two day Myrtle Beach trip.
e. Auto Spa is giving away twelve free car washes.
f. Rainbow of Hickory is giving away a Rainbow RainMate.
9. Text 2 Win Prize Limitations:
a. These prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promo or discounts and none are redeemable for cash.
b. Limit one entry per phone number, per contest.
10. How to Join My Card Shark Rewards: Visit cardsharksofthecarolinas.com/newconsumer. Click on "Register now" and follow the instructions to register as a My Card Shark Rewards member and create an Account. To become a member, you must have a unique, valid email address and meet eligibility requirements. Limit: 1 My Card Shark Rewards Account per person. Accounts cannot be shared.
11. Drawing: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the selection of the potential winner are final and binding. On or about July 22, 2013 Administrator will select the name of the potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The potential winner will be notified by email, mail or phone. The odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
12. Requirements of the Potential Winner: The potential winner must continue to comply with the Official Rules and the My Card Shark Rewards Terms & Conditions. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Administrator, within 5 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize and fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. If the potential winner fails to do so, he/she may be disqualified and forfeit the prize. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Administrator will select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, up to 3 alternates. If the alternate potential winners are disqualified, the prize will not be awarded. No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
13. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent for Sponsor and its designees to use winner's name, prize information, likeness, city and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
14. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Sweepstakes and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
15. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Market Monster’s Ink LLC, Card Sharks of the Carolinas LLC, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, prize partners, agents and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of them (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, cash registers, printers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the generation or processing of Codes; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (f) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
16. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the County of Catawba County North Carolina or appropriate State Court for Catawba County and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering any Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
17. Sweepstakes Results: For a winner list, visit, http://cardsharksofthecarolinas.com. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.